Saturday, July 30, 2011

Welcome

Welcome to the Pine County History blog! Here you'll discover a whole bevy of fascinating facts, articles, photographs, newspaper excerpts, historical documents, and quizzes relating to the history of Pine County, Minnesota.

Pine County, which is located in East Central Minnesota, has a rich history. In fact, according to the Minnesota Preservation Center, Pine County is one of the most interesting and unique counties in the entire state of Minnesota. Over the years, the county has been home to Native American camps and burial grounds; logging endeavors; quarrying operations; a military road; railroads; agricultural activities; popular forests and lakes; and countless businesses, schools, churches, and organizations. This blog will examine all of these features with a special emphasis on the stories of Pine County's people.

Joining me in researching and writing this blog will be Pine County historians Jim Foster, LaJune Troolin, and Richard VanDerWerf.

Please check back often because we hope to update frequently.  Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy,
    I am excited about your blog. I teach reading classes at Pine City High School. The Pine City Pioneer lets me link articles to skills I want my readers to work on. We have iPads in reading so the kids love blogging. Check out www.dragonsreadwithme.wordpress.com.

    With your permission, I hope to do some links to your Pine County blog with skills I want my readers to work on. The kids are enjoying reading about our county and community!

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your comment! Of course you can link to my blog. That would be great! I'm always glad to help kids become interested in history.

    ReplyDelete